Tuesday 26 March 2013

Red River College Magazine Trade Fair 2013


There's a reason why I haven't been blogging as much lately, and that reason is because I've been up to my ass writing, editing, designing, and promoting a magazine with three other people.

At the beginning of this semester, our first-year Creative Communications program was assigned the task of creating a magazine. Our class was broken up into groups of four or five members and could choose any theme, granted it was targeted to a specific audience.

We chose curling.

That's right, the guy who loves basketball and who has never curled in his life was on-board for a curling magazine. And I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the experience. The people in my group are great, the magazine was fun to put together, and the promotion has been exciting.

So am I only talking about this magazine on a basketball-related blog to pat myself on the back? You got it. But I'm also blogging about the mag because we have an up-coming trade fair.

The fair is on Thursday, March 28 at Red River College's Exchange District Campus from 12 - 4.

We'll have some curling swag (is that a thing?) to give away along with free popcorn and some Hack Magazine t-shirts on sale. Even if curling isn't necessarily your thing, there will be a bunch of other magazines created by some very talented people to check out.

Here's a sneak peak of what you can expect at the fair.


Our magazine's cover: 

Our promotional poster:

And finally, Ace Burpee rocking one of our t-shirts:


No comments:

Post a Comment